NJCAA & Delta College Eligibility Requirements
Delta College Adheres to the eligibility standards established by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
Prior to participation, each student-athlete must be prepared to submit the following items to the Delta College Athletic Office. Please take time to read and fill out the forms below. It is very important that you read and understand each item. Forms that need to be signed and returned are marked. If you are under 18 years of age, please make sure a parent or legal gaurdian signs the forms as well. Remember, you cannot participate until each item is on file in the Athletic Office.
Each student-athlete must be enrolled in 12 or more credits (full-time status) during the semester of the regular season. If you are not enrolled in 12 or more credits, you are not eligible for participation.
NOTE: Participation (past or future) may incude, but is not limited to, organized practice, structured weight room activities, on the court/field conditioning, individual skill development or other activities as defined by the NJCAA.
Required Academic Verification for all Participants:
- A copy of the student-athlete's high school transcript that certifies student has graduated from a standard United States high school AND attended three or more years at a U.S. high school. (Home school students need to contact the athletic office for verification procedures). For GED students, a copy of the official results is required, plus proof of completion of three years at a U.S. high school.
- Students who have graduated from a foreign high school or are on an I-20 Visa must do the following:
- Have high school transcripts evaluated for verification that diploma is an equivalent to a standard U.S. high school diploma by one of the following copanies and submit the results sealed and mailed or have delivered.
2. Letter of Admission from Delta College (all non-United States student-athletes)
3. I-20 forms for all non-United States citizens (must be a copy of teh official form with signatures, and stamp dates of
arrival in teh U.S.)
4. A physical examination must be completed on or after July 1 of each academic year. Must be completed by doctor or
health care provider certified to perform a health evaluation (i.e. nurse practitioner). NJCAA Physical Form
5. Complete required Delta Athletic compliance forms:
Each Student-athlete must have a physical evaluation and sign all forms required by the college prior to participating in the frist practice.
Additional important information for all participants:
Delta College adheres to the academic guidelines established by the NJCAA. Each student-athlete must enroll and complete a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester during their season (see note below). Student-athletes must also meet progress toward degree requirements to maintain NJCAA eligibility. There are additional eligibility requirements for second season participants and transfer students. For more information please consult the NJCAA Prospective Student Athlete information link ask your head coach or Athletic Director.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Each class in the student-athlete's full-time class schedule (12 credits) must start prior to the end of the regular season.
Finally, each student-athlete should be aware that they have a total of 4 years of eligibility to compete in intercollegiate athletics and playing for Delta College counts as part of your eligibility. Students can only participate in intercollegiate athletics at Delta College/NJCAA level for two years and participation in NJCAA sports is limited to the first two years of participation.
It is the objective of the College that each student-athlete graduate from Delta with an Associate's Degree or complete the academic program of choice. If your goal is to transfer and participate in intercollegiate athletics at a four-year college or university, please consult the head coach or Athletic Director who will be guiding you with that goal in mind. It is NOT our intent to keep students eligible just to play sports.
If you have any questions about your academic eligibility, please speak with the Athletic Director.
For more information, please contact the Delta College Athletic Office at 989-686-9477 or email email@example.com
1961 Delta Road
University Center, MI 48710